THE TINNIE SHACK Formosa Marine Tomahawk boats
2018 is Formosa Marine’s 20th year building one of the toughest range of trailerable boats in Australia.
They are an Australian owned and operated manufacturer of aluminium plate boats based in Tingalpa, Brisbane, Queensland.
Formosa’s focus has always been to develop, innovate and provides customisation to ultimately produce a high quality, affordable boat to suit you, with safety and performance in mind.
Formosa’s range of boats have increased considerably since 1998, with the company now offering a full range of models from open boats to cabin hardtops and sizes from 4.55m Classics to the latest 7.4m Offshore with true self-draining decks.
Not to mention the heavy duty Barra Pro range, sizes 4.5 and 5m suitable for any backwater location and the strength to handle trailering on off-the-beaten-track adventures.
The Formosa V2 Hull Strength
Every Formosa Marine boat is built with the strength of their V2 Hull, maximizing your boating experience. You can discover more of Australia with these strengths:
- 4mm bottom sheets (5mm on 6m plus boats) and 4mm sides (a Formosa boat doesn’t require pressings to strengthen it);
- A heavy duty, strong keel extrusion;
- 5083 high-tensile hull on the Offshore models;
- Wide longitudinal stringers welded to the hull;
- Underfloor lock-cell frame welded directly to the bottom sheets;
- Floor reinforcement in high traffic areas;
- Fully welded side decks and gunwales (you can see the welds)
- 4mm true self-draining deck on the Offshore models;
- Solid 12mm marine grade plywood flooring on the Classic models;
- Formosa self-deploy/retrieve Tow-catch™ welded to the keel; and
- Internal shelves welded to the large ribs, used for housing wiring and hoses and to keep your deck free of obstructions.
The deadrise gives each Formosa the rigidity, stability, deck space and performance to withstand open water conditions.
All consoles, hardtops, bowrollers, ladders, bait board tanks and the new BowActive Ladder for instance are designed and built in house with Formosa strength.
Customise by selecting from the largest range of optional extras on offer or custom design to enhance your boating ‘form’.
Let The Tinnie Shack, your Formosa Marine Dealer, know what you need… or should we say… want!